Two of us dating service los angeles america sex cam com
In 1911 the Jewish Consumptive Relief Association was established and began to build a sanitarium at Duarte for consumptives who came to seek relief; this evolved into today's City of Hope Medical Center.For the elderly people the Hebrew Sheltering Home was established, to become the Jewish Home for the Aged.In 1910 B'nai B'rith was the moving force for the establishment of the Hebrew Orphans Home, whose name ultimately became Vista Del Mar.In 1912 the Federation of Jewish Charities was established to unite all fundraising for Jewish institutions.Approximately 2,000 Jews went to Los Angeles through this source of assistance, and subsequently brought their families.In 1900 the Los Angeles population was 102,000 and the Jews numbered 2,500.they are among our best citizens and the city suffers nothing in their hands…." The population of Los Angeles rose sharply during the 1880s with the arrival of the transcontinental railroad service and following a concerted program of promotion by the Chamber of Commerce.
The high percentage of Jews coming west for their health made the establishment of medical institutions the first order of communal business.
It functioned as a traditional congregation until the middle 1880s, when it began moving to an unequivocal Reform position. The position of the Jewish community in Los Angeles was expressed by an editorial in the local Daily News in 1873, which summed up the prevailing attitude toward the Jewish population: "We commend them for their commercial integrity and their studied isolation from prevalent vices of gambling and inebriation.